This is the perfect quick and lazy midweek dinner (let’s excuse the fact it’s a Saturday!) that can be thrown together in the time it takes to cook the pasta. It has both the comforting cheesy stodge and a decent hit of vitamins, all without breaking the bank one bit, and can be easily doubled up for two.
(Excuse the dodgy picture, I was far too eager to get it in my face)
– 80-100g pasta shapes (I used fusilli)
– Small handful of frozen peas
– 3 discs of frozen spinach
– 1 heaped tablespoon cream cheese
– 1 teaspoon pesto
– Small pinch of dried chilli flakes
– Salt and pepper
– Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil (approximately 1litre).
– Add the pasta, which will take approximately 10-12 minutes to cook
– 5 minutes from the end, add the frozen peas
– 3 minutes from the end, add the frozen spinach
– Quickly drain with a colander, taking care not to over-drain and dry it out too much
– Return to the pan, then stir in the remaining ingredients and serve